Friday 1 February 2013

Collective January Beauty Haul | Feel Unique, ASOS, Topshop and More..

|| Instagram: Hannahripley1
Hi there chums! Happy February! I thought I'd start off this month by showing you the accumulative beauty purchases from January. As a self-professed shopoholic I would say that what I've bought isn't tooo bad for a whole month of shopping as I'm usually a lot less controlled than this. I have also decided that I am going to choose February, the shortest month of the year, to put myself on a month long spending ban because if I can't do it for 28 days then I'll never be able to do it at all. Expect this post to be just one great big sneak peek of a lot of my upcoming posts this month! 

Feel Unique

This online splurge made just before Feel Unique's winter sale ended was probably the priciest order/purchase from this month as it contains a couple of high end products and even though they were in the sale they still cost an arm and a leg. The Caudalie Beauty Elixir (£10.35 £9.90) was a repurchase, the Redken Smooth Lock treatment (£17.65 £14.21) is to go with the shampoo and conditioner from the same range that I use and love, the Redken Radiant-10 treatment spray (£22.10 £9.99) was one that I tried a sample size of months and months ago but just never got round to buying the full size until I saw it in the sale for less than half price, and the Burts Bees mango lip balm (£2.99) is something new for me but I'd heard great things and it was definitely love at first use.

ASOS
Models Own Freak Out - £5.00. I did a post on this glitter topcoat from Models Own Mirrorball collection a couple of days ago and it seemed to go down quite well. The colour that I'm wearing underneath is Models Own 'Feeling Blue' and you can see my full post on this nail varnish here: LINK.

Superdrug
I'm sure most people are aware of Superdrug's offer on their dry shampoo - buy one get two free! It's a great deal and one that I just couldn't turn down, especially when one can is only £1.99! While I was there I also picked up of the St. Ives facial scrubs to try out because these were on offer for half price and also only cost £1.99. The next time I went into Superdrug I got myself a little bargain with their Face Form Palette (£10.00) because I had enough points on my loyalty card to pay for it with points! Woo! This palette contains 3 pressed powders to create the perfect sculpted face (contour, highlighter and blush). I've not had much of a play with this yet but once I have I'll be sure to review it in full.

Boots

Well, this was inevitable! Rimmel's new release of their super pigmented and long lasting lip lacquers, cleverly named 'Apocalips', have taken the beauty world by storm and have only been out for just over a week. These cost £5.99 each and I originally picked up the shades Big Bang, Apocalyptic and Stellar as part of a 3 for 2 offer across all of Rimmel products in Boots, and loved them so much that I ended up going back for a 4th colour and picked up Nova! (I still want Celestial too). I originally intended to review these today but I woke up with a pretty little spot on my top lip - such annoying timing!! No one wants to see a lip swatch that includes a spot do they (haha!) so now I'm going to attack it with lotions and potions and post the review in a few days time when the spot has hopefully cleared off. 

Primark
I picked up these make-up bags because they were cheap and cheerful and will always come in handy. The studded turquoise one was in the sale for only £1.00 and the floral one cost £3.00. These nail pens look extremely similar to ones recently brought out by Topshop that cost £6.50 each, whereas these Primark dupes cost just £2.00 for a pair! I'm not one for creative nail art because my hand isn't very steady, but as a beginner it was worth the £2 just to be able to have a little experiment. One pen is black and the other is white, and both of them have a pen and a brush applicator, plus a little pot of gems too - bargain. This raspberry and papaya candle was only £2.00 and smells amazing!

Topshop
Topshop sale is still going on at the moment but I only managed to bag myself some accessories. Do tights count as accessories? These tights originally cost £10.00 a pair which I think is ridiculous, but they were down to just £2 in the sale, and I get student discount too which made them only £1.80. I found this bracelet/ring in the tangled up sale jewellery and I am pretty fond of it! I've never seen anybody with it before and it was only £2 too. As usual I was drawn over to the rainbow of a make-up stand and the colours I chose definitely reflect that I am pining for summer now! I got a velvet finish peachy pink lipstick 'Macaroon' (£8) and a similar shade nail varnish 'Flamingo Coral' (£5).

Lush
Last but not least, I nipped into Lush yesterday on my way to the train station to get a bath bomb for my weekend pamper and I walked out with Fizz Banger, a toffee apple scented bath ballistic that apparently fizzes and pops as it spins around the bath - I can't wait to use this tonight! (£3.20).

21 comments:

  1. Aaaah, you got some gorgeous things! I couldn't resist getting a couple Apocalips either, I just want more now! I love my Burts Bees lip balm, and I need to repurchase my Caudalie soon! xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amazing haul! I got that candle the other day! And I neeeeed face form! X

    ReplyDelete
  3. I bought some of those Superdrug Dry shampoos on the same deal and they are awful! They literally do nothing for me! On a more positive not, that primark candle sounds delicious!

    Midnight Violets Beauty Blog

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm inspired by you, gonna go on a spending ban for feb too!

    vivalashoes.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. you bought some amazing things! going to pick up a few of the rimmel apocalips soon, i've decided I need them:)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I LOVE these sorts of posts :) maybe im abit of a nosey girl but you have got some gorgeous things. Im loving the turquoise primark make up bag might have to have a look in primark havent had a shop in awhile :( you are making me write a shopping list now lovely :P

    Love Emily xx

    http://love-x-beauty.blogspot.co.uk/


    ReplyDelete
  7. Love everything you bought! :) I bought exactly the same colours with the Rimmel Apocolips! Good choices ha!


    Lindsay Frances | UK Beauty & Fashion Blog

    ReplyDelete
  8. Models Own Freak Out is a gorgeous colour, i may have to go on a spending ban in February too, right after i get my hands on Rimmel Apocalips, hehe!xx

    vintage teapot//fashion, beauty & life

    ReplyDelete
  9. I picked up the Rimmel Apocalips the other day too! Absolutely amazing...tempted to go back and get another 3...

    I literally had no idea about this Superdrug dry shampoo offer (where have I been?) Amazing!!

    Lulu -elyouelyou xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. You've done really well on limiting the spending. I've bought far too many things this month. Love what you've bought though, especially the polish xx

    www.charissarae.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great Haul. I love Rimmel Apocolips I need to pick up a few more soon xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. you definitely need celestial, it's so beautiful! :) x

    http://thebeautyvisual.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hun Wowzers. You shop like me really random :). Love everything you got. Could you let me know how you get on with the Superdrug Dr shampoos as i always put them down and go for the Batiste. If they are comparable im on it.

    Lots of Love chick.

    Jassy.K

    ReplyDelete
  14. I really want to pick up a few of the Apocalips, I'm always late on the bandwagon :-)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Great haul! I really need the Rimmel Apacolips in my life, but I can;t find them! I don't even know if they are avail in the US yet!! Love the topshop lipstick color, they have great pigments.

    xoxo


    Janelle @ GlamorousMama

    ReplyDelete
  16. Great haul, I love the Rimmel apacolips picked them up a few days ago and not stopped wearing them x

    ReplyDelete
  17. love what you bought , burts bees and st ives are some of my favourite products !
    I would love for you to check out my blog http://wise-rabbit-says.blogspot.co.uk
    Hope to see you soon
    Ashley x

    ReplyDelete
  18. awesome choices! love apocalips so much! i'm also on a february spending ban.. i'm counting down the days until march! xx

    http://fashionablyace.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  19. Great buys. I really want to try apocalips. I was eyeing up the studded make-up bag in Primark yesterday but resisted temptation, for now! x

    ReplyDelete
  20. This all looks AMAZING!
    I absolutely love those little Primark make up bags, so pretty. And I'm definitely going to get that Topshop lipstick. Looks like such a summery colour!

    I'm a new fashion and lifestyle blogger and would love you to check out my blog :)

    www.slingback-scandal.blogspot.co.uk

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  21. Love everything you got. Could you let me know how you get on with the Superdrug Dr shampoos as i always put them down and go for the Batiste. If they are comparable I'm on it.

    crème visage

    ReplyDelete

Thank you all so much for visiting Cosmetic Crave, and thank you for taking the time to read and leave a comment. I read and appreciate every single comment that is left and I do try my best to reply to comments (I'll admit I'm not the best for keeping on top of this). If you leave a comment with a direct and specific question I will often use Twitter to respond to you so I know you see it.
Thanks!

Minimal Blogger Templates from pipdig