Tuesday 4 June 2013

Nails: Perfect Summer Shades


Okay, so let's talk about some nail varnish; one of my favourite things in the whole of the female beauty world. I am a fan of bright things: bright clothes, bright lips, and bright nails is no exception, especially on a bright day. After much sifting through my collection I have come up with my top 6 bright and cheery shades for the summer months all from my 3 favourite nail brands:



Models Own - Hedonist | Hed Kandi Collection
Models Own - Balearic Cool | Hed Kandi Collection

Hedonist is a personal all time favourite of mine and it's one shade that I never tire of. It's an intense neon shade and is even more fluoro than the actual neon range from Models Own (see my post on the Ice Neon Collection). It's a pink-y orange, very eye catching and also a little bit blinding! For some, it may be a little bit garish, but for myself it's love. There's not many blue nail varnishes that can be all that memorable, and many of them can be just a little bit 'plain Jane'.. but no nail varnish collection can be complete without a light blue colour and my shade of choice is Balearic Cool, also from the Hed Kandi Collection. It's not necessarily neon, but it still bright and eye catching and an absolute must-have shade.




Topshop - Green Room
Topshop - Flamingo Coral

I opted for Green Room as it seems to be my permanent toe colour recently, but it also looks absolutely stunning on the fingers to accompany a tan. If you fancy making a change from the typical mint shade of green then take a look at this slightly darker tone. Pastel shades on nails don't float my boat all that much, and Flamingo Coral is as close as things will get to being pastel for me. I picked this up on a whim but have totally fallen in love; true to the name this is a strongly pink toned coral shade, nice and light and girly. An absolutely perfect alternative to a classic baby pink nail colour.




Barry M Gelly Hi-Shine - Grapefruit
Barry M Gelly Hi-Shine - Papaya

If you're still yet to try the new 'Gelly Hi-Shine' varnishes then you are missing out! These two shades are absolutely incredible. The formula is to die for, but the colours of these have just stolen my heart. Papaya is a really easy to wear light creamy orange shade and Grapefruit is a beautiful shade of pink that sits in perfect balance of every tone. Grapefruit featured in my May Favourites and has a strong chance of placing in my 'life favourites', if such a thing did exist.





Please excuse some of the swatches on this nail wheel that didn't make the final cut; I decided to take some out of the equation so I'm sorry to 'Luis Lemon' and 'Cajun Shrimp' that got the boot from the top 6 shades!

I hope you enjoyed my favourite shades for summer nails!
It's such a bright and gorgeous today, I've embraced Hedonist in all it's glory and you can see an Instagram picture of it on my nails by clicking here.



19 comments:

  1. Some great choices! I love Flamingo Coral, such a pretty colour! I really like how its colourful and perfect for spring without being too bright!
    Natalie xx
    youralmostalice.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have Hedonist on my toes at the moment..love it! xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. gorgeous colours! Grapefruit is one of my absolute faves x

    peachycurves.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  4. Corals and oranges are definitely my go to summer nail polish shades x

    http://whatisinherwardrobe.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous nail colours! I love the Barry M gelly hi shines and especially the shade grapefruit :)

    Sophierosehearts x

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the barry m gelly hi shine polishes but grapefruit must be the only colour I don't own, and it's so beaut too! Need xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the colours you picked, especially Flamingo Coral!
    I just did a similar post to this on my blog, only all of the colours I picked are greens and blues

    Emily x - prettypleaseprettyplease.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous colours - Barry M Gelly Hi Shine polishes are lovely, I love the Grapefruit shade :) xx

    http://glitterylove.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  9. I have the Papaya gelly polish, I can't stop wearing it! The Topshop polishes look lovely, too. xo

    ReplyDelete
  10. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Such lovely shades! I still haven't tried the Barry M gelly polishes... they look lovely! :)

    xox

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love the look of Balearic cool! :)
    x

    ReplyDelete
  13. The colours are all so gorgeous. I especially love the red Models Own one, the Topshop ones and Grapefruit by Barry M. They are perfect for the summer!

    Great post :)

    Salli
    xxx

    www.embracingtheenchanted.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. The ones from Topshop look amazing :)

    sparklewithlaughter.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. hedonist is absolutely amazing, love it! x

    http://thebeautyvisual.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  16. These are all such beautiful colours, I love the Barry M gelly polishes :) I really need to add some Topshop polishes to my collection, Flamingo Coral looks gorgeous :D
    Love Holly x

    h-c-style.blogspot.co.uk // h-c-beauty.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  17. I would really like to get the papaya and grapefruit Gelly hi shines now after reading this post!:)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you all so much for visiting Cosmetic Crave, and thank you for taking the time to read and leave a comment. I read and appreciate every single comment that is left and I do try my best to reply to comments (I'll admit I'm not the best for keeping on top of this). If you leave a comment with a direct and specific question I will often use Twitter to respond to you so I know you see it.
Thanks!

Minimal Blogger Templates from pipdig