Saturday 17 November 2012

'Get To Know Me'

 
Hello. Exactly 9 months ago today was the day that I pressed 'publish' on my first ever blog post, and although it basically only said 'Hi, I don't know how to use Blogger, bye!' and then I didn't touch my blog at all again for 4 months it's still the official beginning of 'Cosmetic Crave'.
 
I never really know when to say that I began my blog.. Is it February 16th when I uploaded my 'Hi' post? Is it June 25th when I wrote introduction post and two more on the same day but then nothing else all month? Or would you say it was August 11th when I started taking things 'seriously' by getting myself a proper layout and regularly posting half decent entries? Personally, I'd say without putting a date on it that in general 'Summer 2012', in particular, August was the beginning of my blog and it's grown a lot since then. I've had a slow start, being very apprehensive and discouraged by the fear of judgement but recently with more people from my life and local to my area starting up their own blogs on a similar topic to mine then I've had more confidence to share mine with people that I know. For months I just wrote away to myself with a handful of followers and it wasn't that I was keeping it a 'secret', I just wasn't actively letting people know what I was doing - I didn't want anyone to think I was weird.. :)
 
My friend Lucy (see her blog here: LucyRose) text me out of the blue one day basically saying 'oh my god as if you have a blog, I've wanted to start one for ages' and I gave her the nudge she needed to start one up and she gave me the nudge I needed to be more confident with mine and not be scared of other people's opinions. Since then I've happily been tweeting away and it's without a doubt helped my audience to grow; I love looking at my statistics page and seeing that my views between August and October more than tripled! It's not a statistics games of course, but it's nice to know more people are reading and enjoying and you're gaining more recognition for the hard work that you put in! Blogging is time consuming incase you didn't know!
 
Me & Lucy on holiday in Kavos
So, after realising it's been 9 months (or however you want to count it) that this page has been in existance and 90% of the people reading won't have a clue who's writing it I knew there needed to be a post to change that all around to introduce myself a little more and give you an insight into my personality and life. There was a choice of two 'tag posts' that I wanted to pinch and merge together to do this post, but I ended up thinking that not many of the questions would be that interesting to answer because not many people will care who I was named after, will you? So intead I've just thrown together a couple of 'interesting' facts about myself and a bundle of pictures too.

Basics:
- I'm 19 but will be hitting that 'half way to 40 mark' in just 13 days - argh.
- Don't want to get too specific here but I come from a small town in the north of England and live in Cumbria on the outskirts of the Lake District.
- I'm lucky to come from where I do because it's a beautiful place where not a lot of trouble happens, but it's quite a rural area meaning we're deprived of the excitement that comes with a city lifestyle.
- I go to the University of Central Lancashire in Preston.
- I originally wanted to go to Nottingham Trent University but had a change of heart in the summer before starting and decided I wanted to stay closer to home.
- Nottingham is five hours away, Preston is one. Considering I come home from Preston almost every weeks it looks like Nottingham wouldn't have been a very appropriate choice.
- I'm now in my second year at UCLan and I study law.
- I have A levels in maths, biology and french.
- I don't have a future life plan. At all.

People:
- When I'm at home I live with my mum, dad and sister.
- My dad works offshore, based at Aberdeen, so isn't at home all of the time.
- My little sister and I have a very love-hate relationship. We can go for weeks on non-speaking terms but when we're on good terms we get on amazingly well.
- We're a similar age (she's 17) but we have quite different personalities so we clash easily.
- I have a boyfriend called John who I've been with for nearly 2 years and love very much. I'd easily say that he's my best friend.
 
Beauty:
- I enjoy lazy days in a onesie with a messy bun on the same level as a glam night out with heels and fake tan.
- I've got quite an uncontrollable shopping addiction even though I currently don't have a job.
- If I was given £1,000 there's not a chance I'd save it. Hello shopping spree!
- My boyfriend makes frequent jokes about how appropriate my blog name is because I literally crave cosmetics. I get a buzz from buying shampoo.
- I once had my lip pierced for a total of 4 days before I realised it was a big mistake and took it out.
- My hair has been a range of colours, from blonde, to black, to red, to purple ..now it's ombre.
- 30% of my wardrobe is from ASOS, another 30% is from Primark. 20% is from Topshop and the rest is New Look / H&M / Republic and River Island.
- I would choose to go shopping for make-up/hair and skin care products over shopping for clothes.
- I don't care about high heels; I own about three pairs.
- ..And I don't like wearing lip gloss.
- But I do care about having nicely painted nails. Glitter nails are my favourite.

Random:
- My boyfriend and I are currently hooked on Prison Break.
- I've seen every episode of FRIENDS at least 100 times and I don't even think I'm exaggerating.
- Lost and Desperate Housewives are my favourite TV programmes.
- My favourite recent film is Friends With Benefits.
- If I could be anybody else I'd be Beyonce. Mila Kunis comes second.
- My life is organised by endless 'to do' lists.
- I never stick to these 'to do' lists, I am the queen of procrastination.
- If I could live in any UK city it would be Liverpool.
- I would love to live in New York for a year.
- It annoys me that I still don't have any idea what I'd like to do with life, not even a general direction.
- I prefer being at home to being at university for the home comforts and decents meals.
- John's mum cooks up a Sunday roast every weekend and it's my favourite part of the week.
- I eat a lot of pepperoni pizza and pasta bakes.
- I eat too much fast food and junk food and not enough vegetables.
- I'd eat Nandos mash all day if you let me.
- ..With strawberry laces for dessert.
- I've seen Take That live and cried because I was so excited when they came on stage.
- I used to play the piano, until I got to grade 7 and then quit :(
- I once had two pet rats. They were called Pringles and Banjo. When they died I got two more called Pebbles and Bam Bam - The Flintstones anyone?
- I've also owned multiple hamsters and gold fish.
- I once had three gerbils called 'Tom Dick and Harry'. I wouldn't recommend gerbils as pets - eugh.
- I now have no pets.
- I enjoy cleaning my teeth in the shower.
- My coffee mug holds 1 pint of coffee and I can't function unless I've had my daily caffeine fix.
- My Starbucks drinks of choice is a caramel macchiato. 
- Our family has recently moved house. I lived in the same place for 19 years so was originally unsupportive of this decision to move. I don't mind at all now because our new house is much nicer than our old one.
- We have a hot tub in our back garden. I went in once and then broke out in an allergic rash the next day so now I'm scared of it.
- I'm lucky to have been on some of the most amazing family holidays: Dubai, Las Vegas, San Francisco, Florida, Lapland, Mediterranean cruise.. the list goes on.
- I've recently been on holiday without my parents: to Kavos with the girls and to Marbella with my boyfriend.
- I would love to travel a lot more and see more of the world.

 


 

 


 
Thanks for reading, I hope you enjoyed a little insight into 'me'.
Find me:
Twitter: @hannahripley
Instagram: hannahripley1


20 comments:

  1. I have a few similar things too :) I like dressing up but I like lazying around my PJ's just as much. I get a buzz from buying cosmetics too, I love it. Friends is one of my favorite tv shows ever and friends with benefits is a great film too! I love both JT and Mila Kunis

    Great Blog

    Nafisah xo

    www.bamblingsofnaffy.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this post hun!

    We read and follow peoples advice and opinions on products.
    Rush out to buy whatever they have recommended, and half the time we have no idea who is 'behind the blog'! It's always nice to find out that little bit more about the blogger :)

    Fromrachaelclaire.blogspot.co.uk

    Rachael xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great post, you and your boyfriend sound cute! Dont worry, i have no idea where i am going with life either! I went on a med cruise last summer and it was AMAZING!

    Sophierosehearts x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great post :)

    abrunettesbeautyblog.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Really interesting post, great to get to know more about you! Nottingham is the place to be. ;) xo

    ReplyDelete
  6. OMG me and my boyf are addicted to Prison Break right now too! Were currently on season 4 - eek! Wll be sad when its over :) hes seen it before but id never watched it - its so amazing i have no idea why i never watched it on TV!

    and Nottingham trent is my uni :) aw bet youre glad you stayed closer to home though :)

    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great post!!

    http://georginagoodman.blogspot.co.uk/
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love, love, love this! So nice to hear more about you, you're such a role model! :D

    http://cakescupcakescosmetics.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  9. thanks for telling us more about you! following ya now :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. @Naffy Haha strange we have so many things in common! x

    ReplyDelete
  11. @Rachael Claire Aww thank you! Yes I know and I personally love knowing a bit about people's personalities especially if I'm a regular reader so I thought this might interest a couple of people :) x

    ReplyDelete
  12. @Sophierosehearts Aww thank you! The med cruise is up there with my fave holidays, I'd do anything to go on another!! x

    ReplyDelete
  13. @spiderleglashes Aw thank you, glad you enjoyed reading! Haha I absolutely loved Nottingham when I visited, maybe I can live there one day in the future! 8) x

    ReplyDelete
  14. @Beth Haha I bet you've finished watching it by now - Hope you didn't cry!! We've got 3 episodes left :O

    Aww imagine if I'd have taken the plunge to go to Nottingham Trent and we could've bumped into each other on a daily basis haha xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. Such a sweet description !! Feel like i know so well now. i was curious why you named your blog Cosmetic Crave, now i know :-)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Great post. both of you are looking cute.Tesla and Elon Musk
    www.youtube.com/watch?v=SrzMdoKPPaA

    ReplyDelete

Thank you all so much for visiting Cosmetic Crave, and thank you for taking the time to read and leave a comment. I read and appreciate every single comment that is left and I do try my best to reply to comments (I'll admit I'm not the best for keeping on top of this). If you leave a comment with a direct and specific question I will often use Twitter to respond to you so I know you see it.
Thanks!

Minimal Blogger Templates from pipdig