Saturday 4 May 2013

Monthly Favourites | April


So.. It's the 4th May? (May the Fourth be with you ..haha) But seriously, how the hell did that happen? It felt like literally a week ago I was writing up my March favourites and this month flew around so fast I barely even had time to catch my breath! It's a bit of a mixed bag for this month's favourites, but I hope you all enjoy it and read on to see what I'd been loving in April...

Barry M 'Gelly Hi Shine' Nail Paint - Lychee
Barry M's newly reformulated nail paints to give a 'gel nail' finish are well worth the hype that they're receiving. Having just released a new line of colours for the summer I'm eager to stock up on some more shades! Lychee made the cut as this month's favourite as it's the perfect classic nude shade that you can't go wrong with and I've been wearing it a lot recently. It gives a polished manicured look with a thick, high shine finish and lasts for close to a week without chipping - All for £3.99 too!


Redken Color Extend 'Radiant-10' Treatment Spray
I wrote a full post all about this product, and it was also part of my 'Happy, Healthy Hair' post too because it's been a little bit of a lifesaver (/hairsaver) recently. It comes at quite a high price, but it's well worth it and I'd recommend it to anybody looking for a good quality lightweight detangling spray and leave in conditioner that comes with a whole multitude of additional benefits such as adding shine and prolonging the vibrancy of hair colour.

 

Origins 'Modern Friction' Exfoliator
My first Origins purchase, and I wasn't disappointed! A persuasive saleswoman talked me into buying this one as she said that good exfoliation is one of the key stages in skincare to reducing blemishes (I don't really want to talk about excess dead skin cells clogging pores and causing a build up.. but yeah..) and after she demonstrated this product on me during a 'mini facial' I knew that it was love! I'm going to do a full review on this in the coming weeks, but basically it's a very fine and gentle exfoliator that is a real indulgent treat to use. It contains 'rice starch cushioned in cream' which makes it feel a little bit like you're rubbing rice pudding or porridge on your face, but it gives such a thorough polish to the surface of the skin and makes everything look that little bit more refined and fresh.

 

Clinique 'Even Better' Foundation
I have a full post written up on this amazing foundation, that I dubbed as my 'holy grail' base for my make up. Having problematic skin leaves me with wanting no less than a full coverage and long lasting foundation that will stand the test of oil-prone skin. 'Even Better' ticks all of those boxes! One of the highest coverages I've ever used, smooths over enlarged pores, covers blemishes, flawless application and lasts all day. It's my favourite foundation to date and if what I've listed above is something you're looking for then this is one to try!


The Body Shop Vitamin E 'Sink In Moisture Mask'
The Body Shop and their crazy bargains in the sales left me paying no more than £5.00 for this tub, when it's full retail price is £13.00 - I love bargains like that! A naughty product (suspicions lying with Effaclair Duo) left me with skin that was dry, flakey and very unsightly. Dry skin is not the norm for me and I needed something to sort it out pronto! I looked to the Origins 'Drink Up' Mask, but couldn't justify the price tag at the time, however worth it it might have been.. and I found this potential dupe in The Body Shop. It's a fast working 10 minute 'Moisture Mask' that you apply in a thick layer all over and it seems like a normal moisturiser, but after the time is up it has only partially sunk in and there's a residue left on the surface of the skin that can be gently removed with a cotton pad. It leaves the skin looking instantly plumper, like it's had a good 'drink', hydrated and reduces flakey patches. A few uses of this and my dry skin had returned to normal - this saved the day!


Garnier Summer Body Moisturising Lotion
When I wrote a full post about this gradual tanning lotion it received lots of comments from other people saying that they were huge fans of this tan too! I'd recommend clicking here to read my full review on it as I gush in depth about my love for it. Literally the most perfect gradual tanner I've ever used; there's no tell-tale tan smell, it smells fresh and fruity, it actually comes up gradually and is easy to build upon day by day so that there's no waking up and being overly fake and orange if that's not what you're looking for, and the colour is a nice touch of brown, lovely and natural like you've spent a day sitting out in the sun.

 

Urban Decay Super Saturated High Gloss Lip Color - Theodora
Being a lucky little lady, I managed to win one of The Sunday Girl's giveaways and landed myself with one of Urban Decay's limited edition palettes for the release of the film The Great and Powerful Oz. Out of the two versions of the palette (Glinda and Theodora), I won the Theodora palette, represented in the film by the ever so gorgeous Mila Kunis - deserved winner of FHM's Sexiest Women in the World! Enough about my girl crush.. The Theodora Palette came with one of UD's 'Super Saturated' lip colours and the shade is just named 'Theodora' but it's a beautifully bright and glossy red shade that is so simple to apply with the creamy formula and the crayon applicator. I've not been one for red lips much in the past but this one just seems to work for me and the high gloss lasts for hours and hours too. I might have to look into more of these lip pens from Urban Decay because they're such amazing quality! My eye is on 'Love Child' and you can see it here.


So, that's my April favourites! I hope you enjoyed!

If any of you could vote for Cosmetic Crave in the Cosmopolitan Blog Awards 2013 it would mean the world!
Please click here and nominate cosmeticcrave.com as 'Best New Beauty Blog'.

11 comments:

  1. I love Lychee! It's going to be featured in my favourites post very shortly :) also just bought that garnier gradual tan - I love it! X

    ReplyDelete
  2. Had amazing service at an Origins counter yesterday and walked home with this exfoliator! Plus lots of lovely little samples... very tempted to try more of the products in this post too! xx

    http://what-sophie-said.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the look of the vitamin e mask, I'm a big body shop fan- their products seem to do no wrong! Lychee is a gorgeous shade of polish too. Loved all your picks :) xx

    Angelica // OneLittleVice

    ReplyDelete
  4. That UD lip colour looks sooooo beautiful!
    Xx

    http://sarah-nunn.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the Body Shop Moisture Mask, I always reach for it when my skin needs quenching. I love that it's rich but not greasy.

    ReplyDelete
  6. The Barry M gel nail polishes are awesome. I have written a blog on the exact same shade you have in your favourites. It is definitely one of the best colours in that range. I am eyeing up that origins exfoliator you have mentioned though, it sounds amazing. Does it have a distinctive smell?

    Great post
    Rachel x

    http://www.rachelelizabethwhite.com/

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the look of the Urban Decay pencil.. that is incredible colour, and pigmentation. I might have to get some of these in a pink colour xx

    Gemma ♥ | Miss Makeup Magpie

    ReplyDelete
  8. ahh so want to try the even better foundation now! I love stay matte by them so may have to give it a go! x

    http://thebeautyvisual.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  9. Theodora is such a gorgeous colour! I love lychee too :) lovely favourites x

    lamourjosie.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. I don't know if I'm ready to buy the Origins drink-up mask either. So expensive for a trial run, despite everyone's claims at it's amazingness. I'm definitely going to try the one from the Body Shop first! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you all so much for visiting Cosmetic Crave, and thank you for taking the time to read and leave a comment. I read and appreciate every single comment that is left and I do try my best to reply to comments (I'll admit I'm not the best for keeping on top of this). If you leave a comment with a direct and specific question I will often use Twitter to respond to you so I know you see it.
Thanks!

Minimal Blogger Templates from pipdig