Monday 10 December 2012

'How To Look The Best At Everything' | Benefit Gift Set


 
Hello!
Today's post is about a fairly new gift set release from Benefit called 'How To Look The Best At Everything'. I got this as a birthday present from my sister but it retails at £22.50 in most places. It comes in three shade ranges: Light, medium, and dark. Mine is 'light'.
 
In this set is handy little travel/sample sizes of four products that you need to create the perfect complexion:
 
Primer: The Pore-Fessional Pro Balm
These 7.5ml tubes of primer are really handy to slip into a make-up bag without them taking up too much space, a little of this product goes a long way so it'll last a long time and this is such a hyped up product, often named 'the best' primer there is so this set gives people a good chance to try it out and see if it's for them. This was the only product that I had previously tried before receiving this kit and I personally love it! It's silky consistency applies like a dream to the skin and it's fantastic at covering large pores and making the complexion appear more flawless.
 
Foundation: "Hello Flawless" Oxygen Wow Brightening Make-Up
This tiny little 7ml pump tube of foundation is adorable - I love mini versions of things! Despite my set being the 'light' version, this foundation is still a tad too dark for me but I already know that this will come in more than handy to take away on a summer holiday as it will match my slightly more tanned face then and is an ideal amount as I always wear none-minimal make-up when I'm in a hot country so don't need a lot. This would also be good to slip into a hand bag for little touch ups throughout the day - more foundations should be available in small sizes!!
 
Concealer: Boi-ing 01 & 02
Described as an 'industrial strength' concealer, two different shades of this have been provided, I assume so that you can mix your own perfect shade with a combination of the two? But I think that I'll mostly be turned to shade 01 to hide my 'dark circles, boo-boos and broken capillaries'. This isn't as hyped up as Benefit's Erase Paste concealer, but I've found it to be really effective at hiding blemishes - not so much dark circles though because it gets a little bit cakey.
 
Powder: "Hello Flawless" Powder
I've used this powder a couple of times and have really enjoyed it - I'm scared to get attached to it because the full size is pricey! (£24.50!) It applies really smoothly and is quite 'chalky' in consistency but I find this works well for me because I can get oily skin and this helps to combat my shine and sliding make up throughout the day. The coverage is really sheer so this is mainly just a setting powder to help mattify and seal foundation, all adding to the flawless finish of the make-up.
 
 
The packaging of this gift set is absolutely adorable, it comes in an old fashioned book-style box, complete with a little brush, an inbuilt mirror (not pictured) and a little 'tips and tricks' booklet for how to apply each of the products. This was a perfect gift for me and I am certain that it would be a perfect gift for any make-up lovers that you need to treat this Christmas.. or even just yourself if you're fan of cute, miniature sized Benefit products and want to try out some new bits and bobs before buying the full size versions.
 

10 comments:

  1. would kill for this it looks amazing! xx
    http://www.anuniventivename.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this! I think I might treat myself after christmas. Your blog is lovely! I've just followed :)

    I'm holding a big 500 follower giveaway over on my blog - enter if you like :)
    http://clm-trash.blogspot.co.uk/2012/12/500-follower-giveaway.html?m=1
    FASHIONPROJECT x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love benefit packaging and this set looks AMAZING :)

    Sophierosehearts x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Loveee this set :D i'm a sucker for anything Benefit lately

    http://sophiameola.blogspot.co.uk/

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. this palette looks amazing,benefit have such great palettes and gift sets at the moment,thanks for sharing :)

    http://allthingsbeautybytiarni.blogspot.com.au/

    ReplyDelete
  6. I almost bought this last time I was at Sephora but I convinced myself I didn't "need" it. Hate being responsible sometimes!! =) xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hello huni! I found your blog through Megan at Wonderful you, just read your guest post which was great! I have never seen this set either, I think I have been subconsciously avoiding the Benefit counter, another one I want to buy!! Lovely post xxx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you all so much for visiting Cosmetic Crave, and thank you for taking the time to read and leave a comment. I read and appreciate every single comment that is left and I do try my best to reply to comments (I'll admit I'm not the best for keeping on top of this). If you leave a comment with a direct and specific question I will often use Twitter to respond to you so I know you see it.
Thanks!

Minimal Blogger Templates from pipdig