Tuesday 7 January 2014

Urban Decay Naked 3 Palette

 

Ohhh, Urban Decay - What have you done to my heart??

I was one of those quick off the mark people who jumped at the chance to pre-order this palette from Look Fantastic to receive it shortly after it's release date and a couple of days before Christmas, with free delivery and a bonus 20% off - making it £29.60 instead of £37.00 (before they stopped the discount code due to high order volumes on the palette). 

It was a complete surprise when a little box landed up on my door a week before I was expecting this palette, so I opened the parcel unexpectantly and gasped when I saw that the slab of rose gold glory had arrive early - I literally screamed and ran around the kitchen with my hands in the air, holding the palette above my head.. like Rafiki with baby Simba in the Lion King... 




It just really makes you want to swoon, doesn't it? Ah, so pretty! The third edition to the Naked palette franchise is based more around pink toned eyeshadows, but I'm actually going to go against the grain and say that this not a neutrals palette ..because it's not! If you're going to tell me that shades like Buzz and Trick are nude and neutral, then basically just about every shade except for lime green is going to end up in the 'it's a neutral' bracket. 


I just wanted to add in an example of how stupid boys can be: I held this palette up to my boyfriend and out of curiosity asked 'Which shade is your favourite?' and his response was 'What? They all look the same..'. No, John - No! For me, I can't quite decide which is my favourite, but I've been wearing Dust, Burnout and Limit quite a lot (shown just below), Blackheart is really special and unique but I've not worn it at all yet, and there's just something so pretty about the shimmery intensity of both Liar and Buzz.

Dust, Burnout and Limit; my most worn shades ^^ 

Excitingly, all of the shades in this palette are completely and 100% brand new and exclusive to this palette, so you can't buy your favourites individually and there's no repeats from previous palettes. 

Here are some close ups of what's in the palette: 

Strange - pale, neutral pink matte-satin (comes off as more of a matte white)
Dust - pale, metallic pink shimmer with iridescent micro-glitter
Burnout - link, pinky-peach satin


Limit - light, dusty rose matte
Buzz - metallic rose shimmer with silver micro-glitter
Trick - light, metallic pinky-copper shimmer with tonal micro-sparkle


Nooner - medium, pinky-brown matte
Liar - medium, metallic mauve shimmer
Factory - pinky-brown satin


Mugshot - metallic taupe shimmer with slight pink shift
Darkside - deep, taupe-mauve satin
Blackheart - smokey black matte with rosy red micro-sparkle 


With 12 full sized eyeshadows in the palette (worth £14 each), there are so many combinations of colours that you could use and work together, or simply alone for a basic look, and create anything from a simple, fresh casual look, to a more intense evening look with shades like Factory, Darkside and Blackheart. As usual with the Naked palettes, this one comes with a dual ended brush for applying and blending the shadows, as well as samples for four of the Urban Decay Primer Potions in Original (invisible formula), Eden (nude matte), Sin (shimmery formula) and Anti-Aging, all in resealable little pots - such a great little added touch. Also, the packaging is incredibly pleasing, both visually and practically t00, by being as slimlined and compact as can be expected from a 12-pan palette but being sturdy, hardwearing and very well made.


I know that this palette was on most people Christmas lists, and if you didn't buy it for yourself as a pre-Christmas treat or receive it under your tree, then chances are you've already snapped it up with some Christmas money! However, if not.. I think you're missing out by not owning this palette! There's not many 12-pan pink toned palettes out there, especially not for the quality and value that Urban Decay offers.


Urban Decay Naked 3 Palette - £37.00 | link

Have you caved and indulged yourself with the Naked 3 yet?
Which is your favourite shade?

Thank you for reading!
Twitter Bloglovin | Instagram | Advertise
(50% off February advertising packages)
---
Check out my January Gold advertiser, Elysia, and her amazing blog:

28 comments:

  1. This is such a gorgeous palette! I definitely need to get my hands on it :)
    xElise - www.elisedopson.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ahh it's so beautiful! My boyfriend's the same, he asked me why I needed this when I have loads of other palettes that are indentical haha! Must be a girl thing ;) I really need to buy this soon, keep seeing so many raving reviews :) xx

    belle-amiebeauty.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is so pretty! I love all teh colours but don't think the coppery gold ones would suit me... I could be wrong! I hope I am x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Im doing everything to stop myself from getting this even though im literally in love!!! I cant buy another palette!!

    http://champagnelambinibudget.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ah it's too pretty, I can't chose between this and the stila in the light palette, what do you think? xx
    http://sparklyghosts.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  6. this is so pretty, the colours and the packaging is beautiful!

    Lauren| thatgirlcalledlauren.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, the naked 3 palette looks fab-u-lous! Haha, boys always say things like that about makeup, they really don't understand!
    -Magenta

    http://lovinglouboutins.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  8. I wouldn't know what to use! Amazing! There's something about an unused palette that just...does something for me. I just looks so perfect and amazing x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow you got a right discount on this, I really want this palette so much and although it was on my chirstmas list did not recieve it, I love the more pinky, warmer shades in this naked palette :)

    EmmiHearts

    ReplyDelete
  10. ohh I've kept saying 'i do not need the Naked 3 palette' but the more I look at it the more I see the pinky, rose gold goodness and convince myself that it is a good idea!
    Jade x
    Beauty Butterfly

    ReplyDelete
  11. By far my fav pallette! Sop lovely for a suttle everyday look!

    Www.chlotalks.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. Gorgeous photos, agh I need this palette SO bad!

    Sophie x

    ReplyDelete
  13. I'm obsessed with it, I actually have to stop myself from using it, because it looks like I only own this palette :)

    sparklewithlaughter.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. It looks so pretty!! Hopefully I can get my hands on one soon!!

    Adele xx

    http://beautyobsessedgirl.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. I've only got the first Naked palette but it looks like I'm going to have to get this one! It looks lovely!
    xxx
    www.maisymeow.com

    ReplyDelete
  16. This is a great review!
    i had this palette for Christmas and i haven't really got around to experimenting with it yet i do love it though!

    xmrc.blogspot.co.uk x

    ReplyDelete
  17. this palette is so beautiful!!

    http://mercuteify.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  18. I love the packaging, so cute and pretty! Lovely shades too xx



    www.jesscaedmunds.com

    ReplyDelete
  19. Mine should arrive shortly! Very excited, the pigments look awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  20. I was lucky enough to receive this for Christmas although I've yet to use it believe it or not. I'm still happily swooning at it's beauty.

    Victoria
    FlorenceandMary.com

    ReplyDelete
  21. Blackheart looks absolutely incredible! I really want this palette, darn the price tag!

    liorasbeautyworld.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  22. lovely review- cannot wait to get my hands on it xx

    www.sparklethiscity.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  23. Oh I want this so badly! I wasn't interested in it at all before it came out or even when it did actually come out but them one day I looked at it and fell in love. Unfortunately this was after Christmas, so it was too late to ask Santa for it, and I just can't afford it :( So it looks like I'll have to wait for my birthday or a special treat from the boyfriend or a minor miracle!

    Becky @ The Little Blog of Beauty

    ReplyDelete
  24. I love my palette! My faves are dust, buzz & trick xx

    anniewritesbeauty.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  25. haha love your boyfriends reaction! :) the palette looks so gorgeous and tempting… maybe I'll get my hands on it soon :)
    x
    http://annxkathrin.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  26. I was a bit unsure whether to get it or not but your post made me realise it'd be wrong not to purchase it ha. Just ordered the first Naked palette as I only owned the Naked Basics which I love, this one is next on my wishlist! xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you all so much for visiting Cosmetic Crave, and thank you for taking the time to read and leave a comment. I read and appreciate every single comment that is left and I do try my best to reply to comments (I'll admit I'm not the best for keeping on top of this). If you leave a comment with a direct and specific question I will often use Twitter to respond to you so I know you see it.
Thanks!

Minimal Blogger Templates from pipdig