Tuesday 19 March 2013

Macadamia Healing Oil Treatment and Oil Infused Hairbrush


Okay, so oil treatments have taken over the land of hair care, that's no secret to any of us. I'm a big fan of hair oils, and have tried and tested quite a range (I own 12, that's an obsession gone too far, I know) but 'Macadamia' is one brand name that keeps on popping up again and again when people discuss their favourite hair care products; it's been named as a rival to 'the original' Moroccan oil treatment in the quality stakes, but beating it in terms of price (for comparison 125ml of Macadamia oil will cost you £23.95, whereas 100ml of Moroccan oil will cost you £30.45).

Macadamia combine two natural oils (Macadamia and Argan) that have been proven to help maintain the health and strength of hair, as well as adding shine. Perfect for hair that is damaged either through length and daily wear and tear, bleach and other dyes, or excessive heat styling, then Macadamia's natural oils could give you and your hair that has seen better days a helping hand and a little nourishment boost.

Healing Oil Treatment
The healing oil treatment is raved about by many and is a favourite of lots and lots beauty lovers everywhere. It can nourish hair, protect, smooth frizz, reduce drying time (how? I'm not too sure!) and even extend colour. Sound like a miracle in a bottle? Well it is. Don't be fooled by how I only have a 10ml size bottle and think that this will be gone in a week.. this has been going strong since December! As with most oils just a little blob is needed, rubbed into the palm of the hands and then massaged through the mid-lengths and ends when damp or dry to transform the condition of the hair. I don't know how I ever lived without oils before now. I normally rub one 'pea sized' blob of oil through the mid-lengths while my hair is wet and then another through the ends once it is dry to make my hair smooth, frizz free, shiny and soft - everything that you could want your hair to be! Also, because it doesn't weigh the hair down and make it greasy I can also apply a little bit more as a shine 'top up' on the days inbetween washing. 

I chop and change between my two favourites: this one and the Moroccan oil, and I have to say that the Moroccan oil is actually slightly preferred. I would still recommend Macadamia oil as it works fantastically, is exceptional high quality professional hair care and is also cheaper than the Moroccan oil, but just for me and my hair Moroccan oil is the winner. Little factors come into play such as a preferred scent and slightly more intense formula meaning less product is needed just means that Macadamia is beaten to the winning post.


Oil Infused Brush
An oil infused hair brush? I don't know about you but that doesn't seem to be something that you hear about every day. This is a really good quality paddle brush (my favourite type to use for my huge mane of hair) with a strong wooden handle, clean and basic design, and plastic bristles. I purchased this mainly out of curiousity and how it would be able to work. You wouldn't be able to tell by looking at it, but the entire pad and bristles are infused with the same natural healing oil treatment that I have just discussed above. The brush isn't sticky, oily or greasy to the touch and I assume it is only infused with a small amount to avoid overload onto the hair. It is an ingenious idea in my eyes, why haven't more people thought of this yet?! To be able to brush and detangle your hair at the same time as treating it? It glides through the hair without a problem, no tugging at all and leaves it looking sleek and manageable. The effects aren't quite as instant and obvious as they are when directly using the oil treatment but I'm not seeing any downsides to using this brush. One thing I'm not sure about is whether or not the oil will run out? Can it stay infused forever or will I eventually be left with just a hair brush? I'm yet to find this out! 


I bought this set from a seller on eBay that included the 10ml bottle of the treatment and also the hair brush for £15.99, but unfortunately this seller doesn't appear to be selling those products anymore. If you are interested then you can purchase the Macadamia Oil Treatment in a larger size of 30ml for £10.75 from Beauty Bay here, and the infused hairbrush for £16.75 here. Even if you're not sold on the idea of the hair brush then just the oil is worth giving a go and there's a whole range of other products from them on Beauty Bay, including shampoo, conditioner, masks, combs, etc!

Are you a Macadamia fan? Which of their products have you used?

7 comments:

  1. I just dont see how the brush would work.. seems like a bit of a gimmick!

    Nice post though :)

    mixed-hair.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. This sounds amazing!
    http://golddustk.blogspot.co.uk
    x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I ordered the oil infused wide tooth comb that they do. Can't wait to try it out. I posted about a few of the products the other day & explained how they help reduce drying time ;) xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. ahh want to try this brand so badly but I would literally want everything! all sounds amazing and really glad you compared it to Morrocan Oil cos that's my favourite! x

    http://thebeautyvisual.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  5. Though mainstream medical science does not have any definitive stand as to the efficacy and real scientific evidence of the power of naturopathic medicine or natural healing, Emotional well being

    ReplyDelete

Thank you all so much for visiting Cosmetic Crave, and thank you for taking the time to read and leave a comment. I read and appreciate every single comment that is left and I do try my best to reply to comments (I'll admit I'm not the best for keeping on top of this). If you leave a comment with a direct and specific question I will often use Twitter to respond to you so I know you see it.
Thanks!

Minimal Blogger Templates from pipdig