Tuesday 26 March 2013

Review: The Body Shop Seaweed Mattifying Day Cream


Hello boys and girls. Today's post is about a moisturiser that hasn't left my daily routine ever since the day that I bought it (ages and ages ago - it's lasting forever!), and it is an affordable God send product for anyone like me with skin that is slightly on the oily side; either all over or in patches. One of The Body Shop's best sellers, this mattifying day cream is from their seaweed line which has combination skin in mind as it is supposed to find a happy balance for dry and oily areas of skin.

This 50ml pot costs £10.00 full price, but it is also available in a smaller trial size 15ml pot for just £4.00, and The Body Shop constantly has offers running too; whether it's 3 for 2 across all skin care or 20% / 30% off the whole store, it's unlikely you'd ever be splashing out the full £10 for a tub of this, but even if you did, it's more than worth it!

Having skin that tends to increase in oiliness as the day goes on has always been a bit of a pesky situation with my face and I have never been able to find the right kind of moisturiser than would suit me and in particular my oil slick of a forehead (yeah, nice). For a long, long time I always used to skip the step of moisturising and just more or less never bothered about it but have since learnt the importance of proper skin care and now know that even oily skin needs to be well moisturised! If you have this problem, then let me introduce you to your solution..

A cream than can cleverly moisturise all of your dry patches, whilst also balancing and mattifying the oily patches to give a shine free finish on your face, all while being perfectly nourished and hydrated. Fancy little trick that. 


I'm not sure how clear it is from the image above but this moisturiser is a gel formula and is a little bit sticky in texture but is extremely lightweight upon the skin, feeling refreshing and soothing upon application, and sinks in nicely to reveal an appropriately matte finish upon the skin to be able to use as the perfect base for the day's make up. 

I've got funny skin; some days it's really oily, some days it's like the Sahara desert and sometimes it's a mixture of the two like a patchwork quilt which definitely makes for hard work finding a suitable skin care routine! This is the perfect moisturiser and base to use on the days when my skin is oily and is 'combination', but on those days when my skin seems more dry I opt for a more intensely nourishing moisturiser, also from The Body Shop, from the Vitamin E range.

If you have oily skin and struggle to find something to control your shine throughout the day,
or need a balancing moisturiser than won't allow your make-up to slip and slide,
then this is one product that's worth trying out!

If you're considering it, next time you pass The Body Shop be sure to pop in and grab yourself a small £4.00 tub to test out and see how you get along with it.

11 comments:

  1. I love this cream! However i started using it during winter, and i found i started to get dry cheeks. So i only use it on my t-zone at not atm. I can't wait to start using it in the summer and on holiday though :)

    Sophie x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I tried this a couple of years ago but it did nothing for me. Glad to hear it worked out for you though :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Might get a trial of this see how it works :)

    Love if you could check out my new post
    http://fairestofbeauty.blogspot.com/

    Xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. nice review! I love the body shop and have combo skin, have to check this out!
    xx M

    http://cracks-in-the-pavement-92.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this product.. I've worked in the Body Shop for nearly three years and its soo light and has such a nice texture :)

    Please take a look at my blog as I'm a new blogger + would love to know your thoughts :) thank you!

    http://allthingsbeautiful-x.blogspot.com x

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have this! I got the little range with the facial wash, night serum and toner too and the night serum is amazing for oily skin! My skin is very similar to yours, so you should def try out the serum :) x

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have the seaweed toner and cannot rave about it enough! It’s balanced out my combination skin, making my t-zone a lot less oily! I definitely need to try this too!xx

    zoeyinwonderland.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  8. I really want to try this, the only thing putting me off is the fact it doesn't have an spf! x

    http://thebeautyvisual.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  9. I have a list the length of my arm of lotions and potions that I want to try to help me with my oily skin,just added this one too :p Fab blog btw!

    Stacey x

    ReplyDelete
  10. You sold this to me girl love your blog xx

    http://samrasbeautyblog.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. I used it for a month and saw a perceptible differentiation in myself. By and by I don't shy of going out with my friends, etc. Fat Shrinking Signal

    ReplyDelete

Thank you all so much for visiting Cosmetic Crave, and thank you for taking the time to read and leave a comment. I read and appreciate every single comment that is left and I do try my best to reply to comments (I'll admit I'm not the best for keeping on top of this). If you leave a comment with a direct and specific question I will often use Twitter to respond to you so I know you see it.
Thanks!

Minimal Blogger Templates from pipdig