Tuesday 5 March 2013

Review: Clinique 'All About Eyes' Eye Cream

 

Eye cream is something that I'd never expected myself to either worry or care about at least not for another 20 or so years, but recently my views on this have changed. This is mainly because I always look tired (most of the time I am tired), but it's not fun looking like a walking zombie every day of the week, even after a pint of coffee. Plus, eyes are the first part of the body to show signs of aging (along with hands), and everyone wants to maintain that image of youth for as long as possible, which is why a good quality eye cream is important and starting the younger, the better. I'd rather use preventative measures against aging now, than get to 40 and try to reverse the effects that I could have minimised when I was 20!
 
Using this eye cream has made a difference for me and my eyes and I swear I am not just saying this for the sake of it, it's the honest truth. In the past no amount of concealer would be able to disguise the state of these peepers, if the skin was puffed up and 'angry' then that's something that no amount of make-up can help you. We've all tried those Garnier eye roll ons, right? The ones that are supposed to 'wake up' the eye area and reduce the puffiness but all they really do is feel cooling and refreshing on the skin but don't change a great deal. This cream from Clinique actually hydrates the area, soothes it and brightens it. It's a lightweight gel formula that can be applied day and night and works well as a base for eye make up too. I can't comment on fine lines because I don't have any visible ones (I am only 20), and the darkness does fade slightly to create a more even colouring of the skin, but it is more the levels of puffiness that impresses me. Practically no puffiness of the eyes after continued use, even after a rough and sleepless night. All I need now is a dab of concealer to hide the darkness and I'm good to go.
 
My eyes have been opened (no pun intended) to the benefits of using a good quality eye cream on a daily basis and it's something that I'm going to continue using. Skincare is worth investing in; you'd spend money on clothes and shoes or on an expensive hair cut, but what's the point in looking and feeling good with those if your face isn't reflecting the same? It's a shame that it's so expensive (£24 for a 15ml pot) but it's worth investing in. Your face is important, and so are your eyes so look after that delicate skin around them. I'm nearly out of this small 7ml pot (5 months after getting it) and I am definitely on the hunt for something to replace it, either by playing it safe and sticking with the full size version of Clinique 'All About Eyes', or by branching out and trying Origins 'GinZing' - I'm yet to decide!
 
Do you agree that eye cream is important?
Or is it just an extra and unnecessary step in a skincare regime for you?
 
P.S. I set up a Facebook page for blog updates today, so if you're still using Facebook and would like to 'like' my page then here is the link:
x

12 comments:

  1. I was always of the opinion not to use aging defense cosmetics in my 20's at least.....
    But your post is making me rethink.....

    http://fatzee.blogspot.com

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am totally with you on eye creams! It wasn't something i thought I would worry about either as I am only 22 but it makes a huge difference :) I use the origins ones and it makes a difference especially if I hadn't a couple of good night sleeps xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love eye creams, they help makeup apply better and anything that helps with puffiness is good for me! this sounds great :) x

    http://thebeautyvisual.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have the ginzing eye cram and love it, but this sounds amazing too! xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. completely agree about the Garnier eye roll ons haha, the only reason I still keep mine is because I like the nice cooling affect every now and then. I've got an Origins eye cream on my wish list and still haven't got around to purchasing it :-( it's definitely worth spending more money on skincare I have a drug store eye cream that does almost nothing for my eyes xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great review, and I agree... I've had a few pots of this eye cream and love it!

    www.charlottescollection.co.uk

    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. I use this every night and I love it! It really helped the darkness of my circles! I would definitely keep buying it, it's amazing. Great review :)xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  9. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  10. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you all so much for visiting Cosmetic Crave, and thank you for taking the time to read and leave a comment. I read and appreciate every single comment that is left and I do try my best to reply to comments (I'll admit I'm not the best for keeping on top of this). If you leave a comment with a direct and specific question I will often use Twitter to respond to you so I know you see it.
Thanks!

Minimal Blogger Templates from pipdig