Thursday 14 March 2013

Review: Soap and Glory 'Sugar Crush' Body Scrub


Hi girls, hope you're all having a good week!

I'm going to talk to you all today about a recent new favourite product of mine that I am absolutely obsessed with! I'm literally using it every single day because I can't have a shower without it.. and nobody needs to exfoliate that much do they, really?

This body scrub from Soap and Glory was a part of the 'Best of All' gift set that I bought for myself as a little Christmas treat (you can see it in this haul post), but I'd been lusting after anything from the new 'Sugar Crush' range for months and months. I know that it's a little bit of a love it/hate it kind of smell with this range, and it really is unique, but I personally absolutely love it! Can I admit that sometimes when I'm in the bathroom I open the tub just to stand there and sniff it? Don't judge me. The scent is sweet and sour mixed together in a way that my nostrils don't really know how to handle it. The zingy, zesty lime fragrance hits first and is the most powerful, but there is a sweet and smooth undertone of brown sugar that balances it out to make it super yummy. (I never thought that I'd be spending my Thursday afternoon talking about a balance of scents!). If I've not sold you on how brilliant the scent is then run down to Boots and stick your nose in a tub of this ASAP.

Onto the scrub itself; it's a gooey consistency that melts to a little bit of an oil base (it does contain almond oil to soften the skin), and it has large but not overly abrasive grains of macadamia to scrub the surface of skin. Rubbed into the body it gives just the right amount of cleanliness, fresh exfoliation, softness and moisturisation, and sweet smelling skin!

I've never really been much of an exfoliation fan just because I've not seen the need to do it; I'm not a big fake tan wearer and the skin on my body isn't dry and flakey, it's just 'normal'. This was one of those products that I used 'because it was there' and now I've fallen in love and don't want to be without it. I'm converted to the world of scrubbing up! It costs £8.00 for 300ml which I think is reasonably priced because the tub lasts a long time (although not at the rate I'm going through it) so I expect that I'll be getting myself some more once I have eventually run out.


Since using and falling head over heels in love with this scrub, I have since gone out and bought the matching Sugar Crush body wash to get all the yummy Sugar Crush-ness that I can get!

Have you tried the Sugar Crush range yet?

18 comments:

  1. I love love love this body scrub! It smells so nice and the consistency is perfect. Unlike most body scrubs, it will stay on the skin until you wash it off. Most just disappear when you're exfoliating. Soap and Glory are the Queens of body products in my opinion.

    Jemma xx
    http://bamboozlebeautyblog.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really need to get this. I think I'm going to love it! :D

    Simply Abbi xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have the Flake Away scrub which I love but whilst I still have a lot of that left, I won't be purchasing any other scrubs for a while. However this smells amazing!!
    xx

    www.jade-elaine.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have heard so much about these and how amazing they are, I think its about time I tried it! x

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've just bought this and I've tried it a few times but I'm already in love with it. Such a great product especially for the price. xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am in love with this stuff, I have to stop myself using it everytime I get in the shower too! I've just picked up the Body wash as well, have to get the body cream next! xo

    ReplyDelete
  7. If only I hadn't discovered your blog and S&G! I've spent over £100 on S&G this week! I'm mostly obbsessed with the packaging, and it definitely helps that it's all so good! The body butter (if you haven't yet reviewed it) is the best moisturiser I've ever used and I've got psoriasis. I just wanted to stroke my skin after using it!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love this scrub and I'm dying to try the sugar crush body wash
    : ]

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm currently using Soap&Glory Breakfast scrub but I'll definitely check this out when I run out! I like the sound of the zesty scent, does it last on your skin after use?

    ReplyDelete
  10. I cant get enough of this!!! :D

    justaddicingandsprinkles.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  11. Mmm I love this scrub! I also stand in the shower sniffing it haha! x

    ReplyDelete
  12. hey,great review :
    )
    new follower :) X andy

    ReplyDelete
  13. Ooh I love this stuff - it smells good enough to eat! Hope you're okay misses not heard from you over on my blog for a good while now :( x x x.

    ReplyDelete
  14. ive been looking for a body scrub and this sounds pretty good. Thank you for this post :)

    please check out my blog if you have the time?
    http://georgialouisee.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  15. I have The Breakfast Scub and I stand there smelling it too! xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  16. their scrubs are by far the best out there for me! they are all so yummy! x

    http://thebeautyvisual.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  17. Is this a paid theme or did you customize it yourself? Anyway keep up the nice quality writing, it is rare to see a nice blog like this one nowadays.
    body soap

    ReplyDelete

Thank you all so much for visiting Cosmetic Crave, and thank you for taking the time to read and leave a comment. I read and appreciate every single comment that is left and I do try my best to reply to comments (I'll admit I'm not the best for keeping on top of this). If you leave a comment with a direct and specific question I will often use Twitter to respond to you so I know you see it.
Thanks!

Minimal Blogger Templates from pipdig