Sunday 3 March 2013

Review: Philip Kingsley Elasticizer Treatment

 
Hey girls. I decided to set myself a little challenge to try and blog once a day for every single day of March (procrastination at it's finest - this is a busy time for uni deadlines!), so make sure to check back regularly for new content - I hope that I can do it! I've written a list of 31 topics to blog about, it's just finding the time in a day to pull it off. So anyway, day three: Philip Kingsley Elasticizer.
 
This is quite a famous deep conditioning hair treatment and is discussed quite a lot as being a good quality hair care product. It's one I've had my eye on for a very long time but have never wanted to part with that large amount of money if I wasn't going to see amazing results. This 75ml tube that I have here costs £14.40, and a larger tub of 150ml costs £26.25 (available from Feel Unique: link) - can you see why I was reluctant to splash out and give this a go? Luckily for me I won this tube in a giveaway so have been able to give it a little trial run, but let me tell you this: I am so glad that my hard earned pennies didn't go towards placing an order for this because I am not overly impressed.
 
I wanted to love it and I wanted it to do amazing things for me and my dry, frizzy ends.. but I just didn't see results that blew me away. I've used it four different times and each time I used a generous amount but just varied the length of time that I left it on my hair for, ranging from 5 minutes to 2 hours. It is supposed to add elasticity, bounce, shine and strength in a seriously intentive form, but the results that I was left with were only that of an ordinary conditioner. I'm not saying it did anything bad at all, or even that it did nothing at all; it did soften and leave my hair managable, it just wasn't wow, and if you're paying that price for something then I'd be expecting strands of liquid gold flowing from my head. It's a nice conditioner, and I haven't regretted using it, but for the price alone it is not something that I would recommend - sorry!!
 
 

12 comments:

  1. I've always wanted to try this! Shame you didn't notice any wow results, its so pricey!

    Sophierosehearts x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I mentioned your blog on my most recent post about who's blogs I enjoy reading and why, hope you don't mind xx

    http://jadeylouise.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  3. I literally cannot live without this product, I am so sad you didn't see results. I think I only do as my hair condition is pretty poor and needs the extra deep conditioning. I normally just apply to my ends and leave overnight. I don't bother with the roots.

    Brunette in Louboutins A fashion & lifestyle blog.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh wow this sounds great. I need to try it out x

    http://whatisinherwardrobe.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have this and have only used it a couple of times as I too wasn't that impressed compared to the hype it gets. I'm trying to blog loads more two but your certainly right we should probably be focusing more on uni! x

    whatsonyourtulips.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've got 2 small tubes of this I've had ages that I got in beauty boxes. I still haven't tried it yet it seems a bit of a faff when you wash your hair in the morning... X

    ReplyDelete
  7. That's such a shame that you paid that amount of money for a hair product and it didn't pay off! xx

    www.charissarae.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm so glad you feel the same! I did a review of this on my blog a while ago and didn't understand the hype at all. It literally did nothing for my hair, I was so disappointed! Luckily I only had a small sample from a blog sale so it wasn't a massive waste of money x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Been wanting to try this for a while, glad I didn't splash out!x

    ReplyDelete
  10. I've wanted to try this for so long but I've always heard such mixed reviews. I'd expect strands of liquid gold too for that price!!

    www.absolutebeaut.com

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. It's such a shame when a cult product disappoints, I had a sample of this in a beauty box a while ago and I was pretty underwhelmed by it too xx

    chloesway.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thanks for this review! I was going to buy some but I definitely won't now.

    Romany x

    www.thebeautylevel.co.uk x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you all so much for visiting Cosmetic Crave, and thank you for taking the time to read and leave a comment. I read and appreciate every single comment that is left and I do try my best to reply to comments (I'll admit I'm not the best for keeping on top of this). If you leave a comment with a direct and specific question I will often use Twitter to respond to you so I know you see it.
Thanks!

Minimal Blogger Templates from pipdig