Wednesday 6 March 2013

Review: Burt's Bees Nourishing Lip Balm With Mango Butter


This £2.99 tube of wonder featured in my February Favourites post with good reason. Everybody needs a good quality lip balm on hand in the cold and winter months and this one from Burts Bees has been my 'go to' for dry lips recently. And not even necessarily when my lips are dry; it smells so good I just want to keep applying it all day long and enjoy the fresh and fruity fragrance of mango - Mmm! It applies smoothly, releasing it's tropical scent, and leaves the lips soft and nourished with a tiny hint of gloss but zero tackiness or stickiness.

This is a 100% natural balm so it's all good for you, and it 'soothes, moisturises and protects' which is a pretty standard claim from a lip balm really. The difference with this one is that since it is all natural ingredients it contains no petroleum jelly; just oils, butters and the likes of lanolin - you know, all the good stuff that means it doesn't just 'sit' on the surface of the lips, instead it sinks in and it gives your lips some real benefits. Plus, the mango butter is a super ingredient as it is rich in vitamins and antioxidants so is just that little bit extra nourishing for the lips. Not to mention smells (and tastes) amazing!

This mango balm is from their 'nourishing' range, but it looks like you can also get acai berry to 'rejuventate' and pomegranate oil to 'replenish'. You can see a couple of their other amazing products on the Burt's Bees site here: (link), but I ordered mine from Feel Unique for just £2.99 (link) and with free delivery too you'll regret not trying this out!

16 comments:

  1. i love burts bees :) they taste amazing! x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have heard so much good stuff about Burts bees, everyone who has used it me told me about it said they loved it! I will have to try it out xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is my favourite lip balm! I'm such a sucker for anything mango and this tastes amazing and does a great job at moisturising my lips!
    xxx
    summerhollyday.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. For £2.99 I will definitely need to try this. I love your reviews, they are so interesting to read. xxx

    http://simplybeauty123.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Mmm I loove burts bees! I completely forgot about their scented range, this mango one sounds delicious!xx
    zoeyinwonderland.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  6. ooh I love the original burts bees lip balm!! I will definitely have to try this!! I love mango scented things!! x

    khxo.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've never tried a Burts Bees lip balm, but I do love mango so I may have to try this one out!

    Xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love all of the Burts Bees lip balms. Love that they're not too pricey because I like to leave mine places & send them through the wash. xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. How can I turn down the smell of mango? Love Burt's Bees. I like their lip balm a lot. In any flavor.
    Girlie Blog Seattle | Casual Chic Fashion

    ReplyDelete
  10. I have this exact lip balm too, and it just smells and tastes amazing! Gotta love a bit of Burt's Bees :D xx

    Gem ♥ | Miss Makeup Magpie

    ReplyDelete
  11. i have this too, love it, the perfect rescue for my dry lips! x

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love this much, much more than the original waxy and irritating beeswax lipbalm, but I have been a bit put off by Burt's Bees since I realized they use animal ingredients in their products, such as lanolin...

    ReplyDelete
  13. Been meaning to try one of these for r longest time! X

    www.thebeautyvisual.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love this! It smells so good :)

    Nakita x

    nstylebeauty.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  15. I got a burts bees lip balm in a beauty box, I'm still to open but I'm excited to try it now!

    www.charlottescollection.co.uk

    x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you all so much for visiting Cosmetic Crave, and thank you for taking the time to read and leave a comment. I read and appreciate every single comment that is left and I do try my best to reply to comments (I'll admit I'm not the best for keeping on top of this). If you leave a comment with a direct and specific question I will often use Twitter to respond to you so I know you see it.
Thanks!

Minimal Blogger Templates from pipdig