Sunday 17 March 2013

Holy Grail Make-Up: YSL Touche Eclat


Well this little pen of golden goodness and wonder is going to be given a nomination for the 'most awkward and annoying product to photograph for a blog post' award from me. Huuuge frustration took place trying to get this post together, but it's done now and we're here to appreciate and sing the praises of one of the UK's most popular beauty products: YSL Touche Eclat. For me, this a 'holy grail' make up item and one that I can't live without and turn to on practically a daily basis (of course I would technically be able to live without it.. I would just prefer not to). I've tried some of the cheaper dupes out there but I just feel that nothing else will ever be able to compare and come close to the quality and luxury that YSL offers.


This product can often be confused as being solely an under eye concealer, which is what I used it for for quite a long time too, but it is supposed to be used to highlight, illuminate and add radiance. It is a highlighter, not a concealer. Although it doesn't make any promises to conceal dark areas I still find that it is effective and does the job more than well enough for me. It is my favourite way of using this product as I find that it has enough coverage for dark circles and also brightens up the eye area too; something that all of us need from time to time when we haven't had the best nights sleep in the world. The image below shows my eye with nothing but mascara and Touche Eclat so you can see that the coverage is high. Dark circles? What dark circles? If on a day where more coverage is needed then I will apply the Collection 2000 Lasting Perfection Concealer and then apply the Touche Eclat on top to take advantage of it's light reflecting properties to bring more brightness to the area.



This is a brand new one and I can't say that it didn't hurt forking out £25 for just 2.5ml of product but it literally is my favourite item of make up, ever. From the high end name tag, to the luxurious golden pen, to the soft and delicate brush applicator, to the perfect complexion matching shade, to the coverage, and all the way to it's primary function: highlighting. It's important to understand how this product can be used to it's full potential and not simply for concealing under eye circles. Completing a make up look, sculpting and brightening a face and adding extra dimension to any appearance is achievable with something as simple as the click of a button and the sweep of a brush.

Blended out gently with the fingers in the desired areas (under eyes, cupids bow, brow bone, center of the nose, tops of cheekbones) it provides long-lasting light reflection and brightness to make the face seem more awake and radiant. No discoball shimmer or glitter, simply a 'glow from within' - ha I hate the description 'it makes you look glowing', but this really does (in the best way possible).  


It's not for everybody and some people can't quite understand the hype or justify the price tag, but for me it is a 'must have' and the perfect 'pick me up' product, and if it can't save me from looking tired then I should be worrying! I have the shade #1 which is 'luminous radiance' and also the 'original highlighter' shade so that it should be suitable for most people, but since June 2011 there is now also a wider range of shades available; some more pink, some more yellow and also darker and more olive toned shades too.

This can be bought from any YSL retailer, such as Debenhams, for £25.00 (link)

Do you love the YSL Touche Eclat highlighter as much as I do?
Should I be considering trying the foundation now too? 


13 comments:

  1. I literally cannot do without this product, I bought it last summer & I'm now hooked! xx

    www.ohsoaddictedtobeauty.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've put off buying this for ages as I'm scared I'll get hooked (and be sad when my bank balance isn't at its highest) but I'm so so tempted. Lovely review x


    http://whatwouldaudreywear.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great post! I've wanted to try this for a while. I'm a big fan of the YSL foundation, so I'd definitely recommend this.

    For anyone who's interested, I did a post on budget highlighting pens like this - you can read it here x

    lamourjosie.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've always avoided Touche Eclat because of the cult following but this post has definitely made me think I should finally take the plunge! xx

    http://englishexile.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  5. this looks fab, so expensive but so gorgeous! love the packaging x

    ReplyDelete
  6. can't decide whether or not I want to fork up that much money... erg..... I'll give it a miss for now i think....
    Love your blog :) x
    www.vickoo00wonderland.blospot.ie

    ReplyDelete
  7. looks fantastic. Who doesn't want under eye glow?

    (lol) I find pen products hard to photograph too. They roll around all the time.

    Beauty Fashion Skin Care Blog Seattle - Girlie Blog Seattle |
    Cheap Makeup Reviews

    ReplyDelete
  8. I've heard so much about this product, it sounds amazing. £25 is a lot, however I would pay for it if I loved something that much xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love YSL products, too be honest when people say it is expensive well you get what you pay for and this product is ah-maz-ing
    Fashion Ganache.
    http://fashionganache.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. I cannot believe after so many years of being obsessed with beauty I've still not tried this! Sounds so good from your review and the photography is really good fyi! x

    http://thebeautyvisual.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  11. I did have this about 5 years ago, but I just couldn't understand the hype. I am so tempted to give it another go though, as it's just the most iconic beauty product! xx
    Gemma | Miss Makeup Magpie

    ReplyDelete

Thank you all so much for visiting Cosmetic Crave, and thank you for taking the time to read and leave a comment. I read and appreciate every single comment that is left and I do try my best to reply to comments (I'll admit I'm not the best for keeping on top of this). If you leave a comment with a direct and specific question I will often use Twitter to respond to you so I know you see it.
Thanks!

Minimal Blogger Templates from pipdig